Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Morning



We woke to a cold morning and started the day with some delicious egg nog.

It is just the two of us this year as Michael is in Florida visiting his dad.

We listened to Christmas Carols, sipped egg nog, and opened presents from my Dad and Vicki and the gifts we got each other.

We will be doing another Christmas celebration on December 27th when Michael arrives home.


Our Tree.


Gregory opening up one of his gifts.


Sweater from Dad and Vicki.


Me opening presents.


My adorable gift tag from Gregory.

There is a story behind this....
When we began decorating the tree this year, Greg had pulled out a few ornaments that I had bought at a craft fair that were snowmen heads. He nicely asked me where the bodies to the snowmen were and I told him that there are no bodies, just heads, and that I thought that they were cute. He gave me an odd smile and proceeded to put them aside. He then noticed that I had a few more snowmen head ornaments along with a reindeer head. Now these are not morbid ornaments....they are cute ornaments that are bought all the time and no one thinks anything of it. But when Greg announced that he would buy me little pedestals to place the heads on next year and maybe a grinning Grinch to stand beside them, I burst out laughing. This became our little inside joke and every time we were out and saw Christmas decor that did not have a body we both smiled and laughed. So when he wrapped my present this year he decided to keep with my tradition that I had started and appropriately lopped the head off the tag. I thought it was hysterical and had to photograph it :-)


My gift from Greg. My favorite character, Richard, from LFG.


Greg opening his gift from me...and Spike making sure he is included.


Greg's gift from me.

We decided to do small gifts this year because all the things that we need are items that are for the both of us (mainly for the house). So instead of buying elaborate gifts, we got small but special gifts for each other and we are going to go shopping together for household stuff from us to us at a later time.


Spike getting his stocking and presents.


He loves his new tennis balls.


Sweet puppy.


Giving the puppy some love.

Will be back soon - More to come!

Sorry for the long delay in posts. It has been a busy year and I have been trying to devote some time to working on my professional blog. ...